The Spring is a small venue where big things happen. We deliver arts and heritage activities that help to make Havant, Hampshire and the surrounding region a better place to live.
We think that cultural experiences of the kind we offer make us open our eyes a little wider to the world. Through the arts and heritage we see more, hear more, understand more and feel more than we would without them. In addition to that ‘tingle’, our work also enhances wellbeing, helps improve educational attainment, builds confidence, fights loneliness and improves health.
Every year over 138,000 people visit or take part in cultural activities organised by The Spring.
The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre is a Registered Charity No. 297353.
Why We Need Your Support
The Spring receives core funding from Hampshire County Council and Havant Borough Council, which accounts for a third of our income. Although we are hugely grateful to our local authorities for their support of our work there is no legal obligation on them to provide arts and heritage organisations like The Spring with funding.
In order to safeguard our future and to ensure that we can continue to provide cultural experiences for our community we need to maintain and build our financial resources. This will help us when it comes to facing rising costs and potential funding cuts.
If every visitor to The Spring gave just £1 more to The Spring we could face the future with much more confidence. Any amount, no matter how small, is gratefully received and will go directly towards supporting our cultural activities and events.
How You Can Help Us
The most effective way you can support us is to come along to our events and use our services. Please do buy a ticket for an event that you wouldn’t usually try, bring a friend or consider us for your morning coffee stop.
Many people who love The Spring choose to help us by becoming a Volunteer. You can find out more about volunteering with The Spring by clicking here.
You can also support us by:
• Donating online via BT Mydonate
• Sending a text. Simply text SAHC £5 to 70070 to donate £5 to The Spring
• Saving up your spare change and pop it into our donation box at your next visit
• Supporting us on a regular basis by setting up a Standing Order donation
• Join our membership scheme and enjoy a range of benefits in return for your support [link to Membership]
• Donating via the box office. Please call on 023 9247 2700
• Sending a cheque by post, payable to The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre and marked for the attention of Sophie Fullerlove, Director.
• Organising a fundraising event or consider us as the charity to benefit from your sponsored event
• Remembering us in your will. Please click here for details.
We endeavour to thank all our donors where possible.
For further information about supporting our work please contact Sophie Fullerlove, Director on 023 9224 9067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org