Schools and Community Workshops
The Spring is delighted to offer a range of workshop opportunities for schools and community groups.
Sessions can be arranged with professional theatre companies and workshop facilitators in a range of subjects including:
• Visual Arts
Recent workshops include:
• Mask theatre workshops with Vamos Theatre Company at Cowplain Community School
• Performance Poetry workshops with professional poet and rapper Simon Mole at Park Community School and Havant Academy
• Roman jewellery making workshops at Warblington School with Jeweller Hilary Bowen
• Theatre workshops and a curtain raiser performance with Forest Forge Theatre Company and Horndean Technology College
• Talks at U3A groups and Havant Civic Society
Venue Management Workshop
Especially suitable for BTEC and A-level Students
Led by Sophie Fullerlove, Director of The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre
Every event that takes place in an arts centre is managed from behind the scenes and goes through a number of steps before the lights go down. Learn about the process from programming and marketing to the considerations on the day, and then plan your own event based on what you have learnt.
2 hours for a maximum of 25 participants.
Student comments about the workshops they attended – ‘the set design (was best) because it was interactive and interesting and really opened my eyes to how hard it is!’
‘The technical segment (was best) as you got up close and used some of the equipment.’
Teacher comment on Pocket Merchant and the post show chat – ‘Super opportunity, really enjoyed coming and it was so easy. The students were really enthusiastic and it was well worth it.’
Talks and Tours
The Spring offers talks about its work and tours of the venue to schools and community groups.
Fees may apply.
We offer the services of a Genealogy Expert who can help with ancestry.com (we have a full membership) and a local expert who can help you investigate the research room for local history.
For more information please contact
Sophie Fullerlove, Director on 023 92249067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org